Of course, you can head to Boston for the nation's largest 4th of July extravaganza, but here's a list of five places you can go locally today to enjoy fireworks, a parade, patriotic tunes or some tasty summer treats.
1. Amherst, NH. True, the fireworks were last night, but take the short drive to Amherst Village and enjoy the Granite State's largest 4th of July parade. U.S. Presidential Candidates Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman are both scheduled to be there. Ron Paul's campaign people are asking supporters to show up as well. Does that mean the leader of the Liberty Revolution will be in attendance as well? You'll have to show up to find out. Parade starts at 10 a.m. sharp.
2. Merrimack, NH. Merrimack is one of the few towns in Southern New Hampshire that still embraces the complete Independence Day experience on the 4th. Following a hosted by the Rotary Club at Merrimack High School and , the town's begins at 2 p.m. at the Commons near Gold's Gym on Daniel Webster Highway and ends back at the high school, where there will be plenty of fun and games and great food offered until the fireworks show commences at dusk.
3. Hampton Beach, NH. One of the area's most majestic fireworks display takes place over the ocean at The show starts at roughly 9:30 p.m., but don't be afraid to make a day of it and take in some sunshine and sand as well as some classic tunes from the Continentals at the temporary Sea Shell Stage.
4. New Boston, NH. Enjoy small-town New England at its finest as New Boston presents its award-winning parade followed by a chicken BBQ and plenty of family fun at the Hillsborough County 4H Youth Center and Fair Grounds, where the fireworks show takes place at 9:15 p.m.
5. Northeast Delta Dental Stadium, Manchester NH. Though the Queen City presented its fireworks display last night, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats remind us that there are few better ways to spend our Independence Day than watching America's favorite past time. The local nine host the New Britain Rock Cats at 7:05 p.m. The game, of course, will be followed by a full Atlas Fireworks display.