Welcome to Bedford Patch.
As 2012 winds down we want to make sure you are getting the most out of your new favorite news and information hub site.
We have certainly grown and changed since we started back in June of 2011, so whether you think you know how to use Patch like a pro, or if you are brand new to our site, we've got some tips to make your experience better.
I'm your local editor, which means I am your go-to person for all things Bedford Patch. Read more about me here. We have a growing network of Patch sites – 12 in New Hampshire and more than 850 around the country. You can link to all our Patch sites here.
Here are 10 ways you can use Bedford Patch to stay informed - and more importantly, inform others.
- Follow every step of a story. Use our follow-up feature to know when we post a new story about a topic you're vested in. Just click on the "Keep Me Posted" button at the bottom of your desired article.
- Add photos to our brand new Neighborhood Gallery. Have a great picture from a high school basketball game or maybe of your child's musical? Now you can share it with everyone else in town - and an easy spot for your family to find it.
- Seamlessly tell neighbors about a great shopping or dining experience. Who better to trust with a review of a business than a neighbor? You can rate businesses - good or bad - by going to their Places page and sharing your thoughts.
- Share an opinion by commenting on stories. What you think matters, so tell the rest of us what is on your mind.
- Let us know about a great story. Did you attend a fantastic PTO event or an exciting game? Email us a write-up and a picture or two and we may post it on Bedford Patch.
- Want to share on a regular basis? Become an expert and a go-to source by becoming a Local Voices blogger. Let us know your idea and we'll set you up right away.
- Post events and announcements for free. The old days of paying a publication to publish garage sales, community events or a wedding announcement are history! Now you can tell the town when you get married, have a baby, graduate or make the honor roll.
- Know before you go. Wonder if traffic is backed up near Legacy Place? Or where you should fill the gas tank before you hit the road? Always check our Traffic & Gas tool before you get stuck in a jam.
- Give us a piece of your mind. Thank someone or let us know what you think of a topic by submitting a Letter to the Editor as a blog or announcement that we'll publish on the site.
- Get your news delivered every day. Wake up and have Bedford Patch in your email inbox with the latest, freshest news around.
We have some exciting changes in store for 2013, so stick with us – and let us know how we're doing!
-Your Local Editor, Ryan O'Connor