1. Disney on Ice. Join the stars of Disney's most beloved movies as Disney on Ice celebrates 100 Years of Magic. Sixty-five of Disney’s characters from 18 beloved stories come to Verizon Wireless Arena in Manchester for a weekend of ice skating magic in January. Your children will be captivated by Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck, Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio and all the Disney Princesses. They'll also enjoy moments from some of Disney's Pixar film stars and so much more. Tickets range from $20-$72. Shows will be performed Jan. 19-22 and show times and more information can be found online at Verizon Wireless Arena's website.
2. Give the gift of rhythm. Has she been bugging you to take dance classes? Consider signing her up for the class of her choice at one of Bedford's performing arts centers, like The Bedford Youth Performing Company, Bedford Dance Center or the Southern New Hampshire Dance Theater.
3. Have a mother/daughter day. Take your pre-teen or teen daughter out for a little mother/daughter bonding time over a manicure or pedicure or both. Bedford has a wide variety of salons and spas to choose from to find the right package for your outing. A little mid-winter pampering at , , , or one of the many other local beauty parlors will brighten her day.
4. Let her creativity shine. A visit to You're Fired in to paint her own pottery is just the ticket. An afternoon of pottery painting with a friend or two would be a great way to spend a day during the winter break. This way, she gets to pick a gift and design it herself. The best of both worlds! Visit You're Fired online for more information about studio hours and the projects she can work on.
5. Jewelry is a girl's best friend. Find a great piece already made for her at in Merrimack or pick up a crop of beads and supplies for her to design her own jewelry. Classes are available to learn how to make different styles, or let her experiment on her own. Books and magazines that teach different techniques are available for sale as well.