1. Should Bedford High School Play in an annual Turkey Bowl? Sure, the NFL season is now officially over, but that doesn't mean we can't discuss one more football-related topic. In case you missed it, we posted a poll yesterday asking you, the residents of Bedford, if you would support an annual Thanksgiving football matchup involving BHS. Click here to vote and, if you support the idea, let us know who you'd like to see the Bulldogs play each year.
2. "Abundant Sunshine" - Weather.com says the skies today will offer few obstructions to the sun today. Accordingly, temperatures are projected to warm to the low 50s. It may be a little windy, with winds coming from the southwest at 15-20 mph, but the chance of precipitation is 10 percent.
3. Local Achievements of the Day. The following students from Colgate University are recipients of the Dean's Award for academic excellence during the 2011 fall term at Colgate University:
- A member of the Colgate class of 2015, Emilyann Walker Keller, is the daughter of Mr. David W. Keller Mrs. Cheryl A. Keller. Keller is a graduate of The Derryfield School.
- A member of the Colgate class of 2014, David Thomas Myers, is the son of Dr. Mark D. Myers Dr. Carol D. Myers. Myers is a graduate of Bedford High School.
To be eligible for the Dean's Award, a Colgate student must achieve a 3.30 or higher average while enrolled in four courses.
4. Bedford Meeting Schedule. Nothing public today, but the Bedford Town Council holds a non-public personnel workshop today, presumably to discuss the finalists for the Town Manager position.
5. Bulldog Bites. The following is a schedule (provided by HighSchoolSports.net) of all BHS athletics events for the day:
- 11:30 a.m. - Senior Scholar-Athlete Ceremony - Capitol Center for the Arts
- 7:30 p.m. - Boys Varsity Ice Hockey vs. Kennett High School POSTPONED to 1/10